Re: TransGo Shift Kit

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Mon Jul 03 2000 - 11:52:48 EDT

Bob:

Did you do the maneuver with the OD unit when you installed the TransGo?
According to the instructions that I got, on later model Dakotas
(apparently anything after 1992), in order to install the rear servo
properly, you have to remove the drive shaft, unbolt the OD unit and then
slide it back from the tranny so that the "strut" can be moved and then
the rear servo mounted.

I had this done for me as I do not have access to a lift. I have no
problems at any throttle position with the TransGo. I don't know if this
is related to what you are experiencing or not, but thought I'd mention
it.

Kuk says he is working on a "kit" that will enable the shift kit to be
installed properly without having to go thru the rigamarole above. That
would be nice!

HTH,

Richard in San Antonio

P.S.
Aaron:

How this kit compares to the Mopar kit, I have no idea since this is the
only kit I have experience with at this time. If the Mopar kit matches
the performance of the TransGo, I'd say go with it since it's cheaper and
made by the mfg'er of your tranny. Hopefully it's easier to install.

On Mon, 03 Jul 2000 06:34:30 Bob Tom <tigers@bserv.com> writes:
> At 11:40 PM 7/2/00 EDT, you wrote:
> > <snip> Also, for everyone else, would you recommend the
> >Mopar Performance, or another company like Transgo?
> >Aaron 99 RC V6 4X2
>
> I have had the Transgo kit on for about a year. At part throttle,
> up/down shifts are firm and slippage is decreased with either manual
> or
> auto. shifting. At WOT, I have had erratic upshifts at about 5200
> rpm
> and above... gear will stay in 1st or 2nd and not shift up until I
> get
> off the pedal a little. I did not have this problem prior to the
> Transgo
> kit.
>
> Bob. Ont, Canada.
> '97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
> PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.