Re: Re: RE: roller rockers

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 12:08:43 EDT

Yes, the conversion kit is actually a STUD kit, more like it. (don't try the
hardware store, they don't have it) I bought mine from a company for 86
bucks, and they were Crane Cams and it came with 16 studs, and 16 guide
plates.

The stock heads are not a pressed in design. There are bolts that go thru
the rocker fulcrum and into the head. You just remove those bolts, and off
goes the stock rocker arm assembly. You should clean out the area where the
new stud goes in, because I've personally found out that "locktite" doesn't
work well with oil. One of my RRs actually slipped to the side but it didn't
do any damage.

I remember there was some kit a DMLer had a group buy on. Crower? but it
does come with the conversion kit. From my experience, it's cheaper than
piece-mealing the thing together! hehe
-Dester

<< What is this (conversion kit) you speak of? is that the stud conversion??
 I'm thinking about pullin the heads to get them fixed, and if I'm gonna go
 w/ RR's I would rather ditch the pressed in design... >>