Re: Now I'm pissed!

From: Mike Schwall (mschwall@pop.flash.net)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 15:42:26 EDT

At 01:24 PM 7/4/00 -0400, you wrote:

>I vow I will never, ever let some shop change my oil ever again! During the
>Winter I used to take my truck to one of those local oil change places.
>Today I decided to change my own oil since it is due. Went to remove the
>drain plug and the bolt is stripped in place! I can't even remove it! Just
>turns and turns.. Looks like a certain business is gonna get a call
>tomorrow. The question I have is what is the best way to repair this problem
>without dropping the oil pan, or am I stuck having to do that if I can't get
>these folks to fix the problem.
>
>Greg

Try using a flat-head screwdriver - stick it between the washer and pan,
and pry as you use a ratchet to remove the plug. If that doesn't work, get
a big pair of vise grips. Clamp them on tight, and pull as you turn it to
loosen it. Just need to get the threads started and it will take itself out.

Good luck

Mike Schwall