RE: Now I'm pissed!

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 15:49:11 EDT

> The Man From Utopia wrote:
>
> > I vow I will never, ever let some shop change my oil ever
> again! During the
> > Winter I used to take my truck to one of those local oil
> change places.
> > Today I decided to change my own oil since it is due. Went
> to remove the
> > drain plug and the bolt is stripped in place! I can't even
> remove it! Just
> > turns and turns.. Looks like a certain business is gonna get a call
> > tomorrow. The question I have is what is the best way to
> repair this problem
> > without dropping the oil pan, or am I stuck having to do
> that if I can't get
> > these folks to fix the problem.
> >

> Hey Greg,
> Lefty loosey....Righty tighty. Did you go the wrong way?????
> Just kidding :)

I know you are... I just consider the source.. ;-)

> They used to make self tapping replacement plugs. If you
> can't find one at nappa try an old parts store. I used to have a few, I'll
look around.

Yeah I've seen those... hmmmmm.. Well I just hope this shop takes care of
the problem. What was the give away was I was sizing up sockets(wasn't sure
if it was a 15 or 17mm), and I was able to turn the plug by hand. At least
it isn't dripping...

Greg
95 Dakota Sport CC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ