Re: Brakes and AutoX running

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 04 2000 - 17:15:11 EDT

Hey Jim-

Something about going from 120 to 20 over and over that does that to
brakes! :-O

Autox is not THAT tough on brakes. Still a lot of weight to slowdown.
Road racing is a killer as is short circle tracks. Time to start looking
at how to route cooling ducts on Daks???

I just picked up parts to put big Rotors on my 69 Cuda! This car will be a
beast!

-STE (AutoX addict)

BTW-When are you SoCal R/T's going to come out to a race and try and catch
my lowly stock height stock tired SLT+??? Sam's done it down in San Diego,
how about the rest of you! I'm dying to see some R/T's out there! It
really makes the BMW crowd get uncomfortable. At the last two day school,
I was ahead of several BMW's including M3's for at least the first half of
runs. The embarrassment created a thread on the BMW M list! I follow the
AutoX scene closely and can help you out with directions, details, advice,
etc. We bring chairs, video camera, sunscreen, and coolers and make a day
out of it. Gary Pinkley's little V6 just screams out there! Of course,
not in its "current configuration" (if any of you know what I'm talking
about).

-STE