Tcase Verification

From: Kyle Kozubal (grndak4x4@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 00:38:18 EDT

Can anyone verify if the NP231 tcases are vacuum controlled??l? I am sitting
here studying my Hayne's manual(which isnt 100% correct) and in the exploded
view of the tcase it shows a vacuum switch and seal. If the vacuum switch is
bad, starting to go, or there is a vacuum problem I would have 4HI/4LO
engagement problems.......right????!!!!! I am just hoping it is still an
external part or something external I can fix myself.....which will also be
cheaper. I am also going to pull out the shift detent plug, spring and pin
which also has to do with 4WD engagement and check for any type of corrosion
or problems which would cause this shift plug to not fully enageme. I am
crossing my fingers big time it is the detent plug or the vacuum switch. I
need 4WD!!!!
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6