RE: won't start, no spark, please help (Brandon)

From: Brown, Mike (CAD) (MBrown@ciena.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 08:33:34 EDT

I'd be careful of starting the truck with the cap off. If you don't get the rotor back in the proper
position from where it was last set, you will mess up the firing order !!! Check the wiring harness
to your computer. Check the coil harness wires. Check to make sure your plug/coil wires are snapped in place
at both ends. Make sure your not getting spark by arching a screwdriver from a plug wire to the frame when trying
to start.

-Mike Brown
Pasadena, MD.
97-Dakota Club Cab,5.2L, 4X4, 7" Lift, 35"x12.50" BFG A/T.

http://www.geocities.com/mbrowwwn/index.html