Re: fuel filter question

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 14:23:07 EDT

> I have a gen II with the 318 mag. I can't find the fuel filter under the
> hood. is it inside a hose somewhere or is it in the gas tank itself. my
> truck doesn't want to idle sometimes when it I am in traffic. it doesn't
> happen all the time but when it does it is annoying especially with it being
> standard. other than that it runs fine. if you have had similar experiences
> and have a remedy other than the fuel filter then I would appreciate your
> help. BTW it is a 95 with just under 60000 mile and I have had it for the
> last 10000 and never replaced anything on it except for changing the oil and
> filter.
> TIA
> Chapell

60000 sounds to me like the AIS motor on the back of the throttle body
causing the bad idle. Could also be your O2 sensor. Easiest thing
first though, remove and clean the AIS. In fact clean your whole
throttle body and see if that helps.

'95 means you have a filter in the tank that you can't get to to
replace without a MAJOR hassle.

--Mike www.mikesdakota.com