RE: RE: RE: RE: Dirty language (off-topic)

From: The Man From Utopia (tmfu@home.com)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 21:59:49 EDT

> Hi Greg,
>
> I didn't know that Nate was at work. All I saw was his Yahoo
> address and got on my "Freedom of the Internet" bandwagon. Yah, companies
can do
> whatever they pretty much want and I can understand that.
> But you also have to understand the Utah situation. Unless you've ever
lived
> there, it's a hard concept to understand. I still don't and I only stay
> there a few weeks a year. Our version of "freedom" is very different than
Utah's.

Oh...my bad.. Oh yeah I know about Utah (used to ski there, used to is the
keyword) and their puritanical ways...

> They sort've like to do the thinking for you and shelter everyone from
> everything "they" deem as evil. Such as swimming at the
> local pool on a Sunday and additional income taxes for non-resident NBA
> players on the money they earn while playing there, and editing main title
movies
> such as Titanic to take the nudity out before they sell the video tapes.
> There has been talk about censorship of the Internet to the public in Utah
> before, but it never really went anywhere. I think I better stop before I
> get myself into trouble. :-)

Well I could go into my rant about the RR, but that'll just add to static
(as well as getting me burned at the stake)... But if you or anyone wants to
continue this tread in the off-topic list I'll be there.... ;-)

Greg
95 Dakota Sport CC v6 5spd
Rahway NJ
ICQ: 283886