Re: RE: Got's me a FREE windshield!

From: Sandman (sandman@swconnect.net)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 23:21:13 EDT

Just a little side note to this whole windshield thing. Mostly concerning offroaders, but it could happen at other
times too I suppose. A tech at the dealership I used to work for went to a Chrysler school and airbags and he shared a
very interesting piece of info with me. Not only do the airbags have sensors in the bumper, but if forward motion
stops suddenly (Such as if you were 4 wheeling and hit a stump on the frame and came to halt) even from as slow as 3-5
mph the airbags will go off. And if you have a dual airbag system, the passenger side one will blow the windshield
out. So that comes to a grand total of about $3,000 to replace both airbags, the airbag brain, and the windshield.
Just something to keep in mind.