RE: won't start, no spark, please help (Brandon)

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jul 06 2000 - 23:45:21 EDT

Pulling the cap off and turning the engine doesn't do anything except with
the rotor (or shaft if you don't have the rotor on it). What does that do?
Absolutely nothing to the engine...it's designed to turn. Now Dester is
correct...if you loosen (or remove) the "C" clamp (as some call it) around
the distributor, you will change the position.

Thought to ponder: When setting TDC, you don't just check the valve
positions and timing gears, but also the distributor position. The only way
to check the position of the rotor is to remove the cap.

- Bernd