Re: Lockin Gas cAps?

From: Parker, Jon (jparker@grci.com)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 08:55:20 EDT

I have the Mopar locking gas cap, it works well, only costs $12.75 from the
dealer. Don't get caught low on gas w/o the key though! It would be nice
if DC would add an interior release locking gas door as standard equipment.

Using a lighter to thaw a frozen gas cap seems a bit risky. If you lube the
lock a couple of times a year with a little graphite lock lube (or just keep
it on hand for when it does freeze), I think you can avoid using a lighter.

Jon P.
Annandale, VA

'99 5.2L CC 4x4 Auto Sport+