RE: Lockin Gas cAps?

From: Norah Bleazard (nbleazard@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 09:09:10 EDT

hehehe! Not just fun in the winter... When Jason bought his '95 used,
there was a locking gas cap and no key. He continued to use it without
locking it. I know... not the brightest thing to do, but hey... Somehow it
managed to lock itself one day and we ended up having to call a locksmith to
get it removed. Oh Joy!!!! Parked in a mall parking lot with minimal gas
and no key to unlock the stupid thing. Mine used to freeze up all the time
like you've described. Frustrating, annoying, etc. etc. I'm trying to
watch my French :-)

Anyway... I think we'll skip the locking caps from now on ;-)

Norah
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd