Wheel locks for 15x8 wheels

From: Parker, Jon (jparker@grci.com)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 09:17:49 EDT

Thought I'd pass this info along to the group - I was looking to purchase a
set of wheel locks for my '99 Dak with the 15x8 aluminum wheels (31x10.5
tires). Went to my dealer and purchased the Mopar set (they are made by
McGard). Went home and put them on. They were about 1/2 inch longer than
the regular lug nuts and protruded 1/4 inch out beyond the face of the
wheel. It looked awful, and although they fit as far as the threading and
the seat (cone seat), they didn't seem like they were the correct ones for
the truck. So I took them back to the dealer and explained the situation.
They agreed that they sounded incorrect, but after spending 15 minutes
researching the situation, they indicated that they had no information about
an alternate wheel lock that would work. So I got a refund and went home to
my PC and sent an e-mail to McGard. They were very helpful, giving me info
on two different wheel locks that would fit as far as the threading and seat
were concerned. One set was obviously the same as the ones the dealer had
sold me, they were the same (too long) length, but the other was almost
exactly the same length as the lug nuts currently on the vehicle so it
seemed these would look "better". I ordered a set from Summit Racing for
$16.95. I have them installed and they look and fit perfectly.

24193 (Summit Racing P/N MCG-24193).

Jon P.
Annandale, VA

'99 5.2L CC 4x4 Auto Sport+