Re: RE: RE: ML: RE: RE: 4.7 Hemi

From: Looper (davidalooper@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 14:25:42 EDT

I was talking to the sales guy that sold me my current
QC Dakota about buying a 4x4 next march or april and
he said the powertech's would start showing up in the
2002 models. They were hoping for them in 2001 but
the plant cann't make enough of them. I think he said
there currently in the Jeep Cherokees.

Here's the info I have on them:(This is a qoute form
DC)

Fast-burn combustion chambers, maximized airflow, and
fuel injectors mounted in the cylinder head give this
Power Tech V8 exceptional power and performance
characteristics. Match its broad rpm range with the 45
RFE transmission's optimized gear ratios and it's
quite a combination. Designed as a single unit, this
engine and transmission really "know" each other. To
the driver, that means a strong initial surge, quick
acceleration, better pulling power, more precise
shifting, less vibration and quiet operation.

Specifications

Horsepower,
SAE net brake @ rpm, 235 @ 4,800

Torque, net lb-ft @ rpm 295 @ 3,200

 Displacement, cu in (cc) 287 (4,701)

Bore x Stroke, in (mm) 3.66 x 3.40 (93.0 x 86.5)

Compression Ratio 9.3:1

Fuel System : Sequential multipoint electronic fuel
injection

Transmission : Multispeed automatic with overdrive and
lockup torque converter, electronically controlled

1st 3.00
2nd 1.67 upshift (1.50 kick-down)
3rd 1.00
4th 0.75