Re: RE: 4.7 Hemi

From: Ed (ed@ithink.com)
Date: Fri Jul 07 2000 - 19:50:42 EDT

The 413 and 426 MAX WEDGE were just that .. WEDGE style heads, just like the
other B and RB blocks, 361,383,400,440 ... and the current small blocks
273/318/340/360 ... The MAX WEDGE heads had huge ports and a special intake
to match. The 413 and 426 MAX WEDGE engines did have 2 4BBL carters on
them, BUT the plugs were always where they are on all the above listed
engines, just above the block mating surface ... I used to race these,
spent a lot of time there ... 64 Sport Fury 426 MAX WEDGE, 4.30 rear, 4
speed ... ran 10 flat ... not bad for it's day. 68 R/T ... 70 RR, 71 440
6 pack Challenger, 62 Sport Fury ... and a host more ...

--Ed