Re: Neon R/T vs Dakota R/T

From: Ed and Kristi Townsend (townsend@ainet.com)
Date: Sat Jul 08 2000 - 05:01:26 EDT

The three rotor Mazda motor is known as a 21B. It is essentially the 13B
(Two rotor) with one extra rotor. It has never been offered in a production
car in the U.S., but from what I heard it is popular in Japan.
www.shaneracing.com was supposed to be building a 21B that they estimated
would put out around 900 HP when they got it finished (that was with dual
sequential turbochargers). I have seen a new body style RX-7 turning down
into the low 9's with the 2 rotor engine. If I remember right the guys name
was Adam Surawatari. The damn thing came off the line so hard that it ripped
the glove box door off and partially ripped the computer out of the car. For
the rest of the day the guy was shoving moving blankets in the glove box to
keep the computer from flying out.......funniest damn thing I ever saw!