Re: My Daimler Chrysler Nightmare (I wish I could wake up!) - LONG

From: MrDakota95@aol.com
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 12:37:29 EDT

In a message dated 7/9/00 11:12:06 AM Central Daylight Time,
the_black_ghost_2000@yahoo.com writes:

<<
 Ed,

 For your info i work at Tower Automotive, we build most of the super
 structures and internal structural parts for Toyota, Ford, DC, BMW.
 To start off, the Toyota specs have gone down in the past 3 years
 from alloying 1 bad weld per part to allowing 15 to 20 percent per
 part, they are saying the welds are good as long as it pulls a
 fraction of metal (a good weld equals 7.8 mil their fraction weld
 equals 0.006 mil). Ford is allowing 2 percent bad welds, we do the
 parts for the Focus, Escort, Taurus, the big monster Excursion (the
 whole rear quarter panel), and 4-Trac. On the BMW, they allow 0 bad
 welds, if they find any we end up buying a full body side of their
 new 4wheel drive ($60,000). For DC we manufacture parts for the full
 size van, some of the cars, and the frames for all Durangos and
 Dakotas and lots of body parts for these. DC's specs are 0 bad welds
 allowed otherwise the manufacture will own the vehicle. So it seems
 maybe Toyota isn't as concerned about their safety standards as what
 you would think they should be. I would rather have the secure
 feeling knowing that my vehicle was put together well and don't have
 to worry about it falling apart.
 - Steve

Maybe (Toy's) is the right name for them after all because any one with kids
knows you pay through the nose for some popular piece of sh%t and it lasts a
month. LOL

Shawn