Re: My Daimler Chrysler Nightmare (I wish I could wake up!) - LONG

From: Ed and Kristi Townsend (townsend@ainet.com)
Date: Sun Jul 09 2000 - 15:50:12 EDT

I would hardly call 14 years lasting a month....I owned my prior Toyota for
5 years, put 50,000 miles on it (bought it with 90,000 on the odometer), and
beat the hell out of that truck. Now tell me, why am I having all these
problems on a truck that I baby? As far as the new Toyotas, I will do a bit
more research, but from all the info that I can find in print and on the
web, the Dakota series of trucks have a much higher failure rate than the
Toyotas..........real world experience says it all in my eyes. I know 3 ppl
personally that have Daks, and all of them have had problems that I would
put in the major category. I know many many ppl with 93 and newer Toyotas,
and not one major problem. As far as what Steve says, I am going to research
the info and DEFINETLY take that into consideration. But I feel that I would
be stupid to give DC one more dime of my money. Even Ford is looking good to
me now.