RE: RE: K&N ???

From: Barret, Matt (MATT_BARRET@earthtech.com)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 13:32:39 EDT

yea, I went from the factory air box/ paper filter to an Open element (cone
type) filter with the air box and air hat removed. It was worth something
like .2 sec. in the 1/4 mile. This was also on a 4.7L. The 5.2L may respond
different??
Recently I have been experimenting with total removal of the filter, for
racing only. Just my intake tube with the filter removed. So far it seems my
times don't really change much with the filter off. I did run my best ET
with it removed, but overall not really anything significant. I guess the
filter size I have (190 Sq. in. ) is more than enough!

Matt