Re: Re: N20 Questions

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 18:52:56 EDT

"Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:

> You should be able to run a 100HP shot without any problems, but the safety
> factor requires the use of an ignition retard box for ANYTHING above 100HP.
> (Ignition retard of approximately 2-3 degrees from factory while under the
> "gas".)

You might as well stick with the 100 shot and no retard, I'll bet the 150 minus
2-3 degrees would be about the same.
The stock intake is more prone to backfires with the 150, that's where the real
problems are for the V8's.
The "beer barrel" design of the stock intake will allow fuel to puddle in the
plenum, because it isn't designed to flow enough cfm of air to accomodate 150
extra hp. All it needs then is a ignition source, then BOOM goes the air hat and
you're off to the paintless dent repair to get the ding in your hood fixed.
The M1 intake is the way to go for 150hp Nitrous, and up.
Alan S.