Re: How do I get at the distributor cap?

From: Sandman (sandman@swconnect.net)
Date: Mon Jul 10 2000 - 22:21:13 EDT

It's nothing to take the distributor cap off a 318 in a Gen III. Just did
it to mine last weekend. There are two screws, one on the left side, one
on the right. Just unscrew these (Helps if you have a pretty long phillips
head screwdriver, but not required. I used a standard length one) Then
just lift up on the cap and pull back towards the firewall a little bit and
it comes right off. I just pulled mine off and siliconed around it to keep
water from getting in there. Took me all of 10 minutes.