V6 to V8

From: David Chester (nonlabel@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 09:11:57 EDT

This has probably been discussed before, so forgive me if I'm repeating
questions.

I have a 93 V6 five speed 4x4
AND
a wrecked 93 v8 automatic 2x4

of course, I want to put the V8 in the v6 4x4 5 speed.

Boy, do those engines look alike! Even seem to sit in the same place.

Since they are both 93's, I'm hoping it would be simple. Did the v6 and v8
use the same tranny/clutch/bellhousing?

Both vehicles have 3.5 8.25 rear axles, so I assume I shouldn't have to
trade it.

I assume I will need to switch SBEC and engine wiring harnesses.

I know Chrysler did not 'recommend" the five speed with the v8, but they DID
build them, right?

In the old days, your 318 had to have a "hole" in the end of the crank in
order to work with a standard transmission. If you swapped from auto to
standard, you had to change the crank, too, or drill it. Does anyone know
if the cranks are different on the Magnums?

Any advice or comments will be greatly appreciated.