Re: RE: Dakota R/Tvs.'99 Cobra

From: David Gloff (dgloff@xnet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 12:01:20 EDT

You will definitely have to look out for CL type-S with headers. Comptech
makes a set that, while expensive (around $920), produce MASSIVE power
gains as the manifolds are the only part of the intake/exhaust system that
HASN'T been tweaked. They produce a verifiable and repeatable 34hp
increase at the crank, 27 at the wheels. Don't recall the torque
increases, but they were smaller. They are also covered by the factory
warranty, as they're a Honda-approved part (probably has something to do
with the price). Most CL-S owners I've talked to run low 15s stock, high
14s with the headers.

David Gloff
Computer Technician
Valcom Professional Computer Center; Kemper/Scudder/Zurich Funds
aolim: dgloff
Loaded Intense Blue '99 Dakota Sport CC 318 5-speed 3.92SG
F&B Stage I TB, Keystone/Proglass Ram Air Hood, 14x3" K&N, Sir Michael's
Roll Pan, Custom monochrome paint

If ignorance is bliss, liberals must be the happiest people on earth