Re: Re: RE: Re: Ed

From: Tim J Koth (Tim.J.Koth@aexp.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 12:29:29 EDT

Thanks Ed. Yeah I knew you said 8 3/4". My reverse Polish notation typing
skills however took over and what we got was what I typed. I'm always telling
my kids to "Listen to what I'm thinkin', not what I'm sayin!!! " Doesn't
seem to work too well though...
Next time I'm under the truck I'm going to take a look at a place to put the
drain.
I prefer those other axles that have the collar at the outside hub. I'm kinda
leary of 'C' clip axles myself. And mines a 4X4. I'm hoping I don't get a
failure at the worst possible time and place. Do you know if the current
corporate 9 1/4"s have strong C clips? Or if there are upgrade kits to make
them any better? Thanks.

--- Ed wrote ---

Hi Tim,

  #1 ... I said 8 3/4 .. This is the one used by the older MOPARS, all
the muscle cars used them [ except for the rare ones with the DANA'S ], even
my Dad's old Chrysler ... I raced these for years with no failures ...

  #2 ... There is a nice spot a couple inches to the right of center near
the back, won't interfere with the internals. If you use a plug that has a
square hole , all you'll ever have to do is dig out the mud and use an
extension to get it out, it will be fairly flush. But even if you use a
plug that has a square extension sticking out, I don't think there's much
possibility of "ripping it out" ..

- --Ed