Re: Do-It-Yourself 'Bedliners'

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 21:09:41 EDT

for 45.99 (currently 39.99 at wal-mart) the duplicolor roll on bedliner kit
is excellent. I did my WHOLE truck, my subwoofer box, and I still had half
the container left. (that's one coat of the stuff)

after rolling all that on, I got a little dizzy. that stuff is better than
the spray can crap!

If you have an air compressor, I'd buy the duplicolor kit, and then put in
another 35 bucks for their air sprayer. you'd be able to coat it much
better, and it'd get all those hard to reach spots.

-Dester

PS. why the bottom of your truck?

<< I think there are 2-3 'bedliner-kits' you can buy a KMart, Pep Boys, and
 really anywhere nowadays. Since I already have my bedliner sprayed with
 Rhino Liner and my Grill/Brush Guard sprayed with LineX, I would like
 sometype of good protection for the lower 6"-8" of my truck's body. I am
 going to go tomorrow and get an estimate for LineX to be sprayed, and it
 might be way too much. If so, I may go the homemade route and buy a
 kit....as a fellow DMLer suggested. Who out there has used this stuff? What
 kind did you use? How much is it? Can you double or triple up the coats for
 better protection? This is my main concern.....durability. How has it held
 up??? I know LineX would hold up and look great, but as I said before, it
 may be out of my price range. How do these liners get applied? How does the
 surface need to be 'treated' before applying this liner? I would assume it
 needs to be washed down, and even scuffed up a bit to help with adhesion?
 Thanks for any and all info. >>