Re: S T E R E O H E L P ! ! !

From: jim miller (jmiller@texnet.net)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 23:32:21 EDT

Shorted output device (transistor or ic) in the amp or the speaker voice coil
overheated and burned some of the enamel off of the windings and now the load is
too low impedance for the amp. Also make sure there is no continuity between
either speaker lead and ground. Also I would not try to run with less than a 2
ohm load and preferably a 4 ohm load even if the amp says it can take it. 4 ohms
is low enough. Secondly you can't check the resistance of speakers while they
are connected to the amp. You must disconnect one side to check this.