Re: Dealership will rip you off, 250$ parts for over 600$

From: Looper (davidalooper@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 12:19:40 EDT

Its also which Dept you talk too. I called about
fender flares and they connected me to the service
Dept and I was told it would be $415 for the parts
only. I hung up called back to same dealership and
asked for the parts dept. Ask them the same question
but got a $245 for the parts. I believe someone else
on the list had the samething happen too them.

--- Sandman <sandman@swconnect.net> wrote:
> Yes, in fact they can charge whatever they want.
> The parts man at the dealer I
> used to work for was notorious for this. I've never
> heard of any of them going
> that much over the price, but he was usually $50
> higher on most items that he
> could get away with it on. This extra money goes
> into their pockets at the end
> of the year. Or helps get them raises or something
> like that.
>
> Brandon Ashby wrote:
>
> > i called the boulder Dodge place and asked how
> much a high performance ECU
> > would be, they told me it would be over 700$ and
> they could have it to me
> > the next day. No longer wanting the high
> performance one, i asked how much
> > the stock one would be and he looked it up and
> said it was about 600$. two
> > days later i called and asked once more after
> looking through my PAW mag.
> > and finding it for 265$. This time i asked for
> the high performance one and
> > the total came out to 365, and could have it here
> the next morning. Can
> > those guys just charge what ever the dam well want
> or were these just
> > assholes??
> >
> > Brandon Ashby

> http://www.hotmail.com