Re: What to do with stock PCM?

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 13:45:26 EDT

Chuck:

Your best bet is to hang onto it so you have a spare in case you ever
need it. You will NOT get a replacement stock PCM from Mopar for $100
(which is what they give you for returning yours). As far as the
difference in gas prices, the way I look at is this: The difference
between 87 and 93 is ususally not more than $.20 per gallon usually much
less here). When the low fuel light comes on I need about 17 gallons. At
$.20 per gallon times 17 gallons, that's $3.40 more per fillup.
Considering all the fun I have with the additional power, it's well worth
it to me. Multiply the difference in cost for 87 to the price for 92
(per the PCM) and see how much it costs to have 25 more HP.

YMMV,

Richard in San Antonio

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000 08:21:58 -0400 "Charles Wyman" <cewyma@Roushind.com>
writes:
> I replaced my stock PCM with the performance PCM. Does anyone have
> any good ideas on what to do with the stock PCM? Can someone else
> use it in there truck if it is reprogrammed with there VIN & milage,
> it's for a '00 5.9L? I thought I heard something about a "core" fee
> being charged at one time by the dealer, if I give the stock one to
> the dealer can I get some $$ out of it? Should I hang on to it for
> any reason, maybe to have the option to run 87 octane gas, in case
> gas prices shoot up again? BTW gas prices here in MI have gone down
> slightly from $2.19 for 87 oct. to about $1.79. I just filled up
> yesterday with 94 octane at $2.03/gallon.

> > Chuck
> > '00 Flame Red Durango SLT+
> > 5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD, R/T wheels (Goodyear Eagle GT II 275/60/R17)
> > 2.5" Dynomax Magnum Race Series cat back exhaust
> > Quick-D T-body & intake
> > Mopar Performance PCM
> > Lund Eclipse 4 door window vents custom painted by Caribbean
> Customs
> > best 1/4 mile (stock): 16.08 @ 84 mph
> > www.geocities.com/papa_c_d/
> > cewyma@roushind.com