'97 V6 powerdyne (early results) attn: BERND and ED and all GENIII sixers out there!

From: Casey Aldridge (caldridge@uswest.net)
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 21:18:58 EDT

Okey dokey.....
The total cost listed from powerdyne is about $2300.00 (email me off list,
for specifics)
The minor body work consisted of taking my trusty 5lb sledge a hammering in
the right side
fenderwell about three inches(this was very emotional for me), this did not
intrude into the wheelwell area...so don't worry about suspension travel.
The truck is going to be Firebird International Raceway
on friday to make some offical results and i'll keep everyone posted.
Should be fun eating some rice!!!
Later all.

_______ORIGINAL MESSAGE_______
And the total cost was.....(I'm whipping out the checkbook)....????

- - Bernd

Thanks for doing this, I now have a mile wide grin and a "Need for
Speed"!! What was involved in that "little bodywork" that you did??

Ed "Olznut" Halterman Sunland, Ca

The kit from powerdyne was very nice...they had everything
well planned and thought out....especially since this kit was for the
318....and i had no major problems making everything work.
It uses a mounting bracket in the factory location the for the tensioner.
The only big problem i ran into was the fact that the sixer sits back in the
engine
bay further away than the 318...so i had to do a little inner fender body
work
to make it fit...but not much..and i sanded it and repainted it so it looks
nice(you
can't even tell that i did it). Other than that everything was
excellent...since my
last post i have figured out all the little bugs and man she flys now!! I
can't wait
for the intercooler and the "sneaky pete" setup.....muuhahahaha!
Casey Aldridge
Tempe, AZ
'97 RC V6 Sport 42RE 3.55
Ported TB, Electric fan