Re: Dodge transmissions

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 12 2000 - 23:14:54 EDT

I've heard a lot.

One that seemed obvious, is:
Chrysler trannies aren't built with "better" metals, so they wear down and
break faster. And the reason they require ATF +3 is because of the extra
protection it offers.

That explaination sounds very logical to me. Another thing is. Dodge doesn't
build the trannies, don't they hire some company to do it? I say it's kind
of like Ford's remanufactured engines. There's a company in KC called
"FourStar Engines" and it basically produces all the ford remanufactured
parts. Not saying they suck because they're really good rebuilds, but I
guess it goes down to ford not actually building it themselves, They just
look for the best possible (PRICED) contracts... =More profits....
-Dester

<< I have only been on the mailing list for a couple of weeks and it seems
like
 Dodge Dakotas have a lot of tranny trouble. My R/T is screwed and wont be
 resolved until the dealer gets their parts and "finds" time for me.
 Especially these multispeed 4.7's. Can Chrysler just not build them?
 Counting the members of the list, I would say about 1/4 have mentioned
tranny
 trouble since I have been on and most of those trucks were near new. That
 sucks bad. Anybody have an explanation?

 Aaron W (too many Aarons)