Re: rear brakes locking up

From: Dester223@aol.com
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 00:09:44 EDT

Have you checked the level of the brake shoes? metal on metal could cause it
to suddenly GRIP and just squeel to a stop...

I believe the porportioning valve controls front and rear brake fade. But
most newer master cylinders incorporate all the "control" valves into the
whole unit itself. If you don't know too much about it, I've learn to take
it to a professional. Saving 15 bucks now isn't worth it failing later, then
the cost of getting it fixed right.
-Dester

<< this pisses me off!
 if i try to brake a bit more than normal
 or if i hit the brake about half way suddenly
 the rear tires lock up and they like to make the
 rear end pass me. it is really annoying as well
 as a saftey hazard. any ideas? maybe thatheight sensing
 valve isnt working? thats my guess.
 it never used to do this until recently >>