RE: oil filters......is there a difference?

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 08:52:53 EDT

The best answer to the question is: Buy what you feel comfortable with.

There's several oil filter "studies" which are helpful in making the
decision (and personal recommendations as well), but the end result is your
pocket book.

I personally have tried Fram, WIX, Mobile-1, and STP oil filters. Of all of
the filters, the WIX filter didn't cause any lifter ticking on startup at
all. (That's due to the anti drain-back feature of the oil filter.)

- Bernd