Re: Re: Re: I come in peace....

From: Sandman (sandman@swconnect.net)
Date: Thu Jul 13 2000 - 21:38:37 EDT

Ok, this may help settle some of this debate. I have a completely stock 318
engine in my Dak. It's a 97 with 43,000 miles, 4x4, automatic, Club cab, 3 inch
bodylift, aftermarket Super Swamper 31x10.50R15 tires (Factory size) and when we
got the new 4.7Ls in at our dealership I got one of the the guys I work with to
race me in one. I raced a reg cab, auto 4.7L. He smoked my ass up till he hit
the rev limiter then I flew past him. So then I get him to get a truck completely
identical to mine. 4x4, auto, cept it is Quad Cab, with 4.7 and 31x10.50 tires.
We hung pretty even, he only got about maybe a length and a half on me, once again
till he hit that limiter then I flew by. So without the limiter both trucks would
have taken me without ever looking back. But with them they are no match,
provided you are gonna run'em that far.