Re: R/T snobs, was All R/T'ers

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 02:07:09 EDT

"Mark Kuzia" <flyboy01@mediaone.net> wrote:
>I felt a little snubbed when the R/T guys had a meet in Michigan and didn't
>even invite any other Dakotas. This is very insulting that R/T owners belong
>to both the R/T list and the Dakota list, show up to Dakota meets, but we
>are not are not invited at all to any of their meets or to sign up on their
>list.

I'm sorry you feel insulted. Yes, some of us R/T owners show up at
Dakota meets, because we own a Dakota. You're not invited to R/T
meets because you don't own an R/T. It's a result of the Dakota being
a more general category of vehicle than the Dakota R/T. There is no
intent of insulting anyone, it's just the way it is. If some other
specific Dakota group wanted to have a meet that I wasn't invited to
because I didn't own that type of Dakota, I wouldn't be insulted, I
would understand it's because I don't own that vehicle.

>Your response is very typical. Even at the track tonight there were a few
>R/T's and both mine and Sam's 95 Dakotas. The R/T owners acted like they had
>better Dakotas than we had! But guess which two Dakotas were running over a
>second faster than any of the R/T's.

Every group will have those kind of people. If they were really
acting like that, then they were a--holes, most R/T owners are not
like that.

>still am a little angry that I was not invited to the R/T meet in Michigan
>this year. Just think about how good the meet could have been with twice as
>many Dakotas!

But then it wouldn't have been an R/T meet. Think of it this way.
How much better would a Dakota meet be if it were a Dodge meet instead
so it could have a lot more vehicles? There's more to a meet than
just sheer numbers. BTW, you could have come to the track and
watched. You could have also come to the truck show at the Chrysler
Museum and looked at the trucks and mingled with us R/T owners and
discussed Dakota stuff, it was open to the public.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC