Re: Re: Re: 45RFE slippage..was comming in peace...hehehe

From: GtRWzrd@aol.com
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 14:29:06 EDT

Well I am sure that one of these guys will know a whole bunch more, but I can give ya the basics. The stall converter *basically* keeps the torque from being utilized until its rated stall speed. Stock stall speed is something like 800 rpm. So what you do with a 2500 rpm converter is sit at the light with your foot on the gas below 2500 rpms and not much is gonna happen, but say it turns green and you floor it, the sucker is gonna go like a bat outa hell. I am not positive, but I believe with a stall converter, you wont be able to much hauling or towing. I would like to know a little more about these things too, so someone please clarify and correct my message.

Thanks

Aaron