Re: Re: RE: my reply, R/T snobs, was All R/T'ers

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 17:10:07 EDT

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000 03:20:59 -0400, "Mark Kuzia"
<flyboy01@mediaone.net> wrote:
>All I am saying is that if I organized a national Dakota meet and R/T owners
>were not invited, I would hear a lot of complaining from R/T owners and I
>would be accused of being an elitist.

Only because you would be excluding R/T's without a legitimate reason
for doing so. An all Dakota meet is for all Dakotas, and the R/T is a
Dakota. An R/T meet is for a specific type of Dakota. Excluding R/T's
from an all Dakota meet doesn't make sense. Excluding non-R/T Dakotas
from an R/T specific meet does make sense. I understand your feelings
on this issue, you feel there should not be R/T specific meets. I'm
sorry you feel that way, I believe there is room for *both* Dakota
meets *and* R/T specific meets, but I know there's nothing that will
change your mind about this. I wish there was, because it bothers me
there is this "bad blood" amongst some of the Dakota owners. There's
no solution, really, because we R/T owners enjoy our club and meets
too much to stop doing them. So, this will be my last post here on
the subject.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43