Re: my reply, R/T snobs, was All R/T'ers

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 01:15:09 EDT

"Mark Kuzia" <flyboy01@mediaone.net> wrote:
>I am not saying that I have a better truck than an R/T, in fact, except for
>horsepower, the R/T beats mine in almost every way. What I am saying is that
>R/T's are not better than other Dakotas, they are just a little different.

Agreed! I've never thought R/T's are better than other Dakotas.
Never. And I think 99.9% of R/T owners feel the same way. They're
just a little different, and we R/T owners like to celebrate that
difference. Call us weird, maybe, but not elitist. :-)

>Are you saying that the national R/T meet was better without regular
>Dakotas? I think that a national Dakota meet would have been bigger and

No, I can't say it was better, only different. A National Dakota meet
would be great too, and I'd love to join in on one. But it would not
be a National Dakota R/T meet, it would be different. For example, at
the R/T meet we concentrated on racing and the truck show. There was
no off road events, for obvious reasons. But at a Dakota meet, I
would *want* an off road event, along with other events, because 4x4's
would be a part of that larger group, and it would be a blast to be a
spectator for that. Another example, racing categories. We had
classes for club cab, regular cab, and stock, light and heavy mods.
We didn't have to worry about different engines, they're all the same.
But at a Dakota meet, we would need V6 vs. V8 categories, since it
would not be fair to the V6 owners to compete against V8 owners.
Sure, some V6's can beat V8's, but you know what I mean. <grin>

>All I really want is for us to get along. I know I touched a nerve with
>this, and I certainly don't mean to suggest that all R/T owners are snobs,
>most are not. Dakotas are, after all, just Dakotas and we are all Dakota
>owners and enthusiasts.

Agreed!!

>Lets try to make the next national meet universal, I commend all of the

Please keep in mind, there is more than one national meet being
planned by different groups. There will be a DML national meet for
all Dakotas, so you will get what you are asking for. But there will
also be a national R/T meet for just Dakota R/T's, location is already
being planned.

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43