intake pipe wrap

From: Chuck Robbins (intense99dak@home.com)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 19:37:33 EDT

    Well, I had some time to kill today so I took some insulated water
pipe wrap I had laying around the house and I did up my FIPK clone.
While I was at it, I also fabbed up a temporary heat barrier around
my K&N filter. Doug Greig's heat info was too good not to act upon ;-)
Today was a little on the cool side (about 75 degrees) so I didn't see
much of a difference. I did take my Dak out on the interstate and the
shield and wrap held up fine with speeds around 80 mph. You can see
how everything came out at
http://www.members.home.com/clrobbins/coolairwrap.htm

Chuck Robbins
'99 Dakota Sport