Re: my reply, R/T snobs, was All R/T'ers

From: Terry Herrin (therrin@isaac.net)
Date: Fri Jul 14 2000 - 23:13:59 EDT

"Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net> wrote:
>I don't have any huge desire to be on the R/T list, I'm just pointing out
>how unusual it is to have such a rule. A rule by the way that I was told
>last year came about because of the buyback controversy and suspicion that
>Chrysler was monitoring the list. I can understand that if it were true.

That is true, but prior to the towing issue, people could only read
the posts on the R/T list, they could not post to the list unless they
were an owner. The list was completely closed when it was discovered
that DC was monitoring the list. And yes, they really were monitoring
because emails that were posted to the list were in the hands of the
DC lawyers. Personally, I believe now that the suit is over the list
should be changed back to what it was, so that anyone can read the
list. But, I'm not the owner of the list, so that's not my decision.

>(Who's feeling bad for Terry, and not really wanting to continue a flame
>war thread, but doing so anyway in as civil a manner as possible...So
>please anybody who wishes to continue it, lets keep it a friendly
>discussion!)

It's okay, I don't want anyone feeling bad for me. I was just
defending the R/T people who are my friends, and who I know are not
the elitist snobs that some here claim they are. I'm sure you would
defend your friends if you were in the same situation I am. And I
agree, let's keep things friendly. Actually, for the most part I
think they have been. There have been no bad flames here. I have
seen real flames, and this thread ain't it! :-)

Terry Herrin
99 FR CC R/T
14.769 @ 91.43
Wilmington, NC