Re: Attn: Brett Burford (sorry long!)

From: brett burford (brettburford@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 16:03:50 EDT

actually mine still sports (most of) its factory black
paint(!!) but it is starting to chip and the paint has
peeled off of the ends; so i plan on redoing it with
the do-it yourself bedliner, the stuff is to thin for
the bed but i have seen it on a couple of brushgaurds
now and like the looks of it.
 BUT, if you want to do normal paint, use my 6 step
method (worked on my wiper arms, look better than
new!) we did on a friends dak sport front bumper, (we
had access to a furnace)
A) completely disassemble the b-gaurd
B) primer, don't be shy do a coat wait 20 do a coat
wait 20, wet sand, one more good coat wait 1hr.
C) same thing with the paint.
D) preheat oven to 300 degrees
E) after parts have dried for 15min.s or so pop a
couple in the oven. take a moment to laugh at the look
on your wifes face :) and you might want to make sure
that the pot roast isn't still in there!
F)30 minutes later you have baked brushgaurd!!! add
bolts and season to taste bon-appetite!!
>>><<<PLEASE READ<<<<>>>>
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD ELECTRIC STOVE/OVENS AND HAVE HAD
GREAT LUCK WITH THIS LOW BUDGET BAKING METHOD, HOWEVER
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW IT'LL WORK IN A GAS OVEN!!
 ALSO MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN THE OVEN BEFORE USING IT FOR
FOOD AGAIN , UNLESS YOU LIKE KRYLON BASTED HAM! :)
  hope this helps, and the lake trip is an open
invitation. just let me know if your coming down.
Brett