Re: 4Wheeling: Broken Parts & Tire Pressure

From: brett burford (brettburford@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 17 2000 - 15:38:40 EDT

Kyle

 basically the accepted norm for anyone using standard
(non-beadlocked) rims/tires (what R/T REALLY stands
for;) is 10 psi. the first time i tried this on my
truck i was able to do a rock/hill climb that had
haunted me in the past, w/o any wheelspin at all. the
advantages are that you make a wider footprint
(contact patch, and your tire has more flex to from
itself around rocks or obstacles. plus it makes the
ride between obstacles a little softer! next time you
go out to your fav spot try 10 psi i think you'll be
impressed, and the only downside is that you probably
won't want to race anybody on the way to the gas
station to "air-up".
Brett
93 rc 4x4 sport 3.9