Mobil 1/synthetic people,got a question for you.

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 21:59:40 EDT

Hey now!! I have had Mobil 1 flowing through my Dak`s veins for 2200
miles or so(since the clock hit 6000),and is it me,or does synthetic oil
make for a slightly noisier engine? Don`t get me wrong,I`m not
suggesting that it`s a problem or anything,but I swear I can hear more
noise,especially a light knock at idle when warm.I use 10W30
Tri-synthetic.I ran some kind of full synthetic in a Dodge Intrepid 3.5L
that I had,and I thought the same thing then,too,but wrote it off as
paranoia.I mean,could it....could it be ME? What do you all think? I
know the synthetic seems thinner,so could it dampen noise less than
conventional stuff? TIA.....Steve P........By the way,I scanned through
an old DML digest and found a link to Ram truck TSBs,which I thought was
EXTREMELY interesting,especially the spark plug wire reroute`n
stuff.Looks like I`ll be breaking out the convolute tubing this weekend!