Re: Quit whining! was Re: R/T performance tips, and Saleen hp

From: Rkrebs27@cs.com
Date: Tue Jul 18 2000 - 23:06:51 EDT

In a message dated 7/18/00 11:11:59 AM Central Daylight Time,
Saint1958@home.com writes:

<<
 Not to young Brian to own your own vehicle. I was 15 when I received my
 first driver license in Arizona and purchased my first vehicle - 1969 SS
 Chevelle. I worked every night in Scottsdale (Rueben Restaurant) to scrape
 and save for that muscle car. He should proud that he can save up his money
 and drive at such a young age.

 We have a kid that currently works at a local 76 Union gas station that
 cleans cars. Can you imagine? He purchased a 1999 Saleen S-281 brand new?
 He started saving around the age of 13 and put half down at the age of 16.
 The only problem now is that it has too much horsepower (515 RWHP) and
 cannot pass smog with the added modifications.

 Sometime a listing can be defensive on issues or e-mail can bomb blast
 someone's self esteem but not to worry. Make stand and your point - swallow
 the rest. Sometime it is not worth it. It is human nature when we take up
 sides or words that are printed are taken wrong.

 Remember! There are good people on this list, >>
  Excuse me, there aint no Saleen S281 that makes 515 rear wheel horse
power,they do have a S351 thats supercharged and makes 500 at the crank the
S281 is the entry level Saleen with mild mods that makes about 285 horse
power, and a S281 thats supercharged and makes about 350 hp. And I hope he
makes lots of money to pay for insurance cause for him its probably 4000 to
5000 a year. Richard