Avital alarms?

From: Alex Harris (aharris@signcast.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 00:17:50 EDT

I'd like to get a decent alarm which doesn't cost a fortune, but I haven't
really had much exposure to alarm systems (never had a car worth protecting
before!). Many of the alarms mentioned in the archives are way out of my
price range.

I don't need a lot of wacky features, I'd simply like a reliable alarm with
adjustable shock sensors and a cabin motion sensor and engine cutoff. No
power window rollup or any of that nonsense.

Has anyone had any experience with Avital alarms? My local place has the
Avital Phoenix2, but I have no idea if it's well-regarded or not.

Thanks,

J. Alex Harris
00 RC SLT V6 5-Spd