I need advice on transmission fluid...

From: Matt Schroeder (schroema@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 11:44:17 EDT

I got my truck back from the shop the other day, and the thought occurred to
me that maybe they filled it with the wrong fluid.

I don't assume they did anything right since it came back with a tranny pan
leak, and the shifter indicator cable was broken so the needle sits on 1.
Also, I was there when he finished up the transmission fill and I asked if
he'd like me to hop in and shift it into neutral to help him check the fluid
level. He said no, it's all the same, Park or Neutral it doesn't matter.
!!!

Needles to say I got outta there and filled it around the corner myself.

Does anyone know for sure if my 1989 Dak. Sport 4WD w/ OD requires the
Mopar fluid?

The dipstick does say use mopar atf or Dexron 2