Re: Supercharger coming soon...what should I do to my engineto prepare for it?

From: Tim Berry (coolva1@home.com)
Date: Wed Jul 19 2000 - 11:49:04 EDT

I went from 15.8 to 14.9 in about the same temps with the Powerdyne SCer,
pushing 6#s of boost

I think with my 24# injectors now, I may drop a little... cant say fer sure
tho, Powerdyne is great for the money if you ask me, and I have no internal
mods, other than a modified Intake Manifold... (runners cut, boxed
plenums).... Austin is running 10# on his V6.. and its still going... I
dont think you will have any problems...

Tim Berry
Chesapeake, VA

> Well, I figured I'm going to be buying a s/c for my Durango in about 6-8
months. I'm looking for suggestions on anything I should do to "build-up"
my engine to handle the added power. Since this is my daily driver I want
to make sure nothing breaks on me. Any suggestions on a cam & torque
converter to use with a s/c?

> For those that have s/c: What do you like/dislike about yours? What
brand is better...Vortech, ATI, Powerdyne, or Paxton? Is there a inner
cooler/after cooler available for your s/c? What increase in 1/4 mile
times/speeds did you see? How much boost (psi) are you getting?

> My stock Durango (245 HP): 2000, 5.9L, 4x4, 3.92 LSD
>
> My current mods are (310-340 est. HP): Mopar PCM, Quick-D throttle body,
Quick-D intake (which I won't be able to use after installing the s/c),
Dynomax Magnum Race Series cat back exhaust, Autolite 3923 plugs, and Mobil
1 synthetic oil & filter.

> My planned mods before the s/c are: MSD 6BTM ignition system with boost
timing retard, MSD or Taylor wires, cam, torque converter, Hotchkis
suspension system, and JBA or Mopar headers.

> Will the stock trans handle all of the above including a s/c? I estimate
that I will be pushing about 440-480 HP at the crank and about 325-355 RWHP
without a torque converter or 360-400 RWHP with a torque converter.