I want a cam

From: Michael Clark (mike@mikesdakota.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 12:32:12 EDT

Last weekend i helped a buddy at work install an LT4 hotcam in his '96
Z28. Today at work I heard it for the first time..... NOW I WANT A
CAM!!

This might be next spring's project but I was just wondering a few
things.

1. What's a ball-park figure on cost (I'll be doing it myself)

2. Any special tools I would need? The Z28 didn't need anything
special on the install but on the (V)opar engines don't you need a
degree wheel to index the cam or something?

3. What other engine components would I need to upgrade for the swap
(rockers, springs, pushrods, guides, fuel system...... that kind of stuff)

Thanks guys,
--Mike www.mikesdakota.com
(wanting to make it a 5/5ths MPR/T) ;-)