Re: I want a cam

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 15:21:07 EDT

At 11:32 AM 7/20/00 -0500, you wrote:
> <snip>
>3. What other engine components would I need to upgrade for the swap
> (rockers, springs, pushrods, guides, fuel system...... that kind of
      stuff)
>Thanks guys, --Mike www.mikesdakota.com

IMHO, I think that the OE fuel system is quite adequate. You might
want to get some kleenex for when your eyes water after you first
start it up :-)

Most cams will raise the power band so the rockers, springs, pushrods, guides
would be needed to run up there with some degree of stability and
durability. I would also let some heavy duty roller lifters ... apparently
they are a weak component in the magnums at high rpms. Also, a double roller
timing chain would be good at this time ... wish that I had done the chain on
mine when I had the cam put in.

Bob