Re: MP3 players (was "...check this out")

From: Nate Johnson (natedak2k@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 20 2000 - 18:11:34 EDT

I'm right there with ya man! If you've got the dough go for the Kenwood,
but I'd wait a little. The Aiwa JUST came out and most places are already
sold out of it. That tells me that the price of the Kenwood will more
than likely come down soon! X'ing fingers. I'd go with the Aiwa except
for one thing... If you look at the specs for it the FM sensitiviy
absolutely SUCKS! Basically you'll have alot of static in your radio.
Now of course we'd be mostly using the CD player but I don't want a crappy
Receiver either! Personally? I'm gonna wait for either another manuf. to
come out with one OR the Kenwood to come down in price a little! (Too bad
they don't make an oversize version for the GM/Chrysler dash!)

>You know what i think is dayamn Kewl?? The AIWA and
>KENWOOD CD/Mp3 car players. That will play a CD
>encoded with Mp3's.....you know what that means??????
>I have audio cat and can make mp3s from my own CDS and
>have been able to save a maximum of 160 CD quality
>mp3s onto a single CD. I will never have to carry
>more than 3 cds again and when it gets
>scratched.....burn a new one!!! The AIWA goes for
>app. $300 and the KENWOOD is app. $600. Has anyone
>had, tried or even seen these stereos and have
>feedback on them???
>AA
>Albert Audiophile

=====
Nate, Ogden UT
natedak2k@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/natedak2k
Forest Green 00 Dakota CC 4X4, 5-speed, LSD, 3.92 Rear, 4.7L/287ci, Po'boy cold air w/ K&N, Extang BlackMax Tonneau
"D2K"